1939 – May
Opened as the second Army Technical School (Boys) with boys transferring from Hilsea, Jersey, Bramley, Didcot and Chepstow, also from Catterick in 1943. Badged RAOC followed by GSC. Those destined for REME were rebadged after its formation in 1942.
1947 – August
Name changed to Army Apprentices School and new AAS badge adopted. Name changed to Army Apprentices College and apprentices rebadged to REME who took control of it from the War Office .
1966 – October
Name changed to Army Apprentices College and apprentices rebadged to REME who took control of it from the War Office .
1981 – May
Name changed to Princess Marina College
REME apprentices were joined by RAMC /RADC apprentices
The first female apprentices are admitted.
Name changed back to Army Apprentices College.
REME apprentices were joined by incoming Royal Signals apprentices.
They were joined by RE and RLC apprentices.
Name changed to Army Technical Foundation College with RE, Royal Signals, REME and RLC sub-units
Closure of College and end of the young Army Apprenticeship scheme.